Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Recipe: Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

It's been a while since I've posted - life can keep us busy at times.

With the Fall season fast approaching, I am posting one of my favorite recipes of all time. I am a sucker for macaroni and cheese - who isn't? I love it baked, but there is the fact that I simply do not have the time to prepare homemade baked macaroni and cheese. This crockpot macaroni and cheese recipe is a delicious substitute - and who can resist that you only have to throw the ingredients into the crockpot and forget about it???

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese


Ingredients
  • 8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 12oz can evaporated milk
  • 1 1/2 cups plain milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup Gruyère (or another creamy cheese, such as Havarti)
  • 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup magarine
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • Dash of Paprika
  • 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled

 Directions
  1. Spray the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Mix all ingredients into a bowl and spoon into the crockpot.
  3. If desired, top with extra cheese (I like it CHEESY) and sprinkle with paprika.
  4. Cook on LOW for 4 hours. 
  5. Top with crumbled bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment